Monday, November 30, 2009

Best.Procrastination.Ever

Knit Love Club swap mini-socks

I was very lucky early this autumn to get in to Alice's Knit Love Club 2010 sock club. And someone happened to suggest on the group forum on Ravelry that maybe we should do a mini-sock swap for the holidays. So I've been using the swap as my excuse to churn out teeny tiny socks at every opportunity.

Pattern: Toe up magic loop wee tiny sock swap sock by Sean Higgins
Yarns: assorted. Green Mountain Spinnery Sock Art Forest, left over from Glynis, Trekking XXL left over from socks for my Dad two Christmases ago, and some random bits and pieces from the bowels of the Sock Yarn Blanket scraps.
Needles: 2 US 0/2.0 mm dpns
Gauge: ? socks are about 2 inches high as pictured
Start/finish: 15 Nov -25 Nov 2009, but each one only took about an hour
Comments: fun, quick pattern. Purple sock is worked in garter rib on instep and leg, red stripey is stockinette with a 1x1 rib cuff and the candy cane one is stockinette with a picot bind off. I just hope my downstream swap person likes them!

No comments: