Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Charles!

I am busting out of my thrice-weekly posting schedule (had anyone noticed that?) to wish Mr. Charles Darwin a very happy bicentennial birthday. As one of the parents of modern biological thought, he is a hero of mine (although I have yet to read either The Voyage of the Beagle or On the Origin of Species - must work those in to the list by the end of the year). And I am amused that my current sock project is somewhat applicable.

DNA socks in progress

I guess these would be even more appropriate for Dr. Mendel's birthday, but his bicentennial isn't until July 20, 2022. By which time these damn socks had better be done!

On the docket tomorrow: yet another Fiber Friday post. 8 oz of superwash BFL spun up in three evenings makes for a happy Porpoise.

No comments: