Tuesday, October 29, 2013

FO: Shattered Sun Shawl

On Thursday, on a trip to Catherine's house to pick up my wheel, I managed to get some good pictures of my latest sample knit for Allison before I handed it over (sob!).
Shattered Sun Shawl
Shattered Sun Shawl
Pattern: Shattered Sun Shawl by Felicia Lo, of Sweet Georgia
Yarn: Sweet Georgia CashSilk Lace, 45% cashmere/55% silk, 400 yds/50 g, in (I think) "Summer Skin"
Needles: US 4/3.5 mm
Start/finish: 17 Oct - 21 Oct 2013
Comments/mods: no modifications. Love the yarn (!!!), gorgeous, fun, fast pattern to knit. Um...that's it. Have some more pictures.
Shattered Sun Shawl
Shattered Sun Shawl
Shattered Sun Shawl
Obligatory blocking shot:
Shattered Sun Shawl

I enjoyed every minute of knitting this, because the yarn is glorious, the pattern was complicated enough to be interesting, and intuitive enough not to need vast reserves of concentration - just the thing I was looking for last week. It was very, very difficult to hand over the finished shawl, but I feel confident that Alli will come back with something equally luscious for me to knit up for the next sample.

No comments: