Friday, October 18, 2013

Fiber Friday: Porpoise Fur Socks

So, those socks I started at the Small Wool Gathering last Sunday evening?
Autopilot socks
Finished. I know, right? There are bonuses to knitting worsted weight socks...but here they are, all done,
109d3cc7-81f8-42bc-96e3-b95934e5c693
with almost perfectly matched stripes (pats spinning self on the back),
Untitled
a great fitting heel,
Autopilot socks
and absolutely no yarn left over.
Autopilot socks
Pattern: Autopilot Socks by Amy R. Singer
Yarn: handspun Porpoise Fur Cheviot in "FRET BFP-RFP". I split the length of fiber down the middle vertically, spun the singles with a short forward draw, and chain plied.
Needles: US 4/3.5 mm circular needles, magic looped
Gauge: dunno. I just started with a smaller needle size then I would normally use to get a tight fabric, cast on a bunch of stitches for the toe and increased until it was big enough.

Now I am very sad because I can not find my matching skeins of Turkey Day Cheviot which are also going to be turned into matchy matchy striped socks. Also for me. Bliss!

No comments: