Wednesday, September 11, 2013

In which I bite off more then I can chew

aka: porpoise is easily distracted and prone to startitis, which is not necessarily a good thing.

So. I mentioned a few posts back that I had decided to join a knitalong for Stephanie Lotven's Right as Rainbow baby cardigan. This is a super cute little baby sweater, with the opportunity for loads of bright colors, and it just so happens that I have a super cute Wee Nephew who lives in an appropriate climate for a wool-cotton blend sweater. So I shanghied Allison's Spud and Chloe sweater scraps, and started off.

After a disastrous (at least from my perspective) last-day-of-summer-vacation trip to the cinema with Boo (note to NPH: you are dead to me now. DEAD!!!! I am still weeping from the inhumanity of it all..), I had one sleeve done.
RAR sleeve #1
After some much-needed brainless knitting over the end of last week, I had two sleeves.
IMG_3159
Now I have much of the body up to the armpits done - I'm going to keep going until I run out of yarn on this one.

I needed a couple more colors, so yesterday I fell down in Mrs. Moon, and got two more skeins of S&C Sweater to finish off the stripes on the yoke:
IMG_3180
So, so, so soft and squishy. I love it. I wish it weren't quite so pricey, but for Wee H, no expense will be spared. I got Grape Jelly and Lake to go with Firecracker, Grass and Splash from Allison, and Brown Sheep Cotton Top (long discontinued!) in Natural and a darkish Brown. There will, thankfully, be enough Grape Jelly and Lake to make another sweater or two, although probably at a smaller size. Then I'll just need to find babies to give them too...

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Keep at it Rachel! Looking forward to seeing the stripes - perhaps you Kathleen and I should bring our S&C sweater to the Small Wool Gathering and see what else we can swap.

X C

porpoise said...

I stayed up waaaay to late last night and have two stripes done, so I think I might finish the yoke tonight. And then button bands tomorrow? We'll see.

We should definitely swap scraps - although the yarn is so yummy I may have used it all up by then!