Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Before the crawl

Saturday is the first inaugural Great London Yarn Crawl, and I've been busy finalizing last details and pulling together door prizes. Since I'm not going to have a chance to do much yarn buying of my own on the day, I've been doing my best to make up for it.

When I got some more Spud & Chloe Sweater last week, I slipped on the way to the till and came up with 2 skeins of Fyberspates Scrumptious laceweight.
Fyberspates lace (1)
This is going to become a crocheted (!) cardigan somewhere down the line.

Then, this weekend, I got in to serious trouble over at Kettle Yarn Co. On Sunday, Linda handed me a lovely wrapped package with the following goodies.
Kettle Yarn Co Aran
Baby Alpaca/Merino/Bamboo Aran weight. This is going to become an Amor Deliria hat for the public release of the pattern next month.
Kettle Yarn Co alpaca-merino-nylon (1)
Alpaca/Merino/Nylon sport weight. Not sure what this will become, but it's amazingly soft.
Kettle Yarn Co falkland-tencel
Falkland/Tencel fingering weight for a shawlette design.

So gorgeous and soft and squishy. I can't wait to crack into these!

No comments: