Friday, May 3, 2013

Falkland Fiber Friday: BRCA

I was going to blog about some more Hello Yarn Fiber Club that I've spun up, but I'm so in love with this sample of fiber that I listed in the shop today, I had to share it.



















This is my test run for the new BRCA colorway, which is available on BFL and humbug BFL. This little sample was done on the last bit of Falkland I had leftover, and it is super soft and bouncy.

The starting fiber looked a bit like this:
















I spun this fractally: split the entire top into three pieces, then split each third into 3, 4 and 6 strips respectively. Then plied them up, and I'm in love.




















I've got about 50 yds of approximately worsted weight yarn to do something with. What, I have no idea, but something. And even though I'm not really a pink kind of girls, but I love the combinations of dark red, purple, pale pink and bright fuschia in the final yarn. I am really pleased with how the colors blended, and I'm looking forward to seeing what people do with it!

1 comment:

JoAnnaJae said...

I'm a pink kind of girl... Just sayin'