Monday, November 26, 2012

Incoming ebook!

At long last, I'm am thrilled to announce that my new eBook, Travelling Hats, is almost ready for release, just in time for last minute Christmas knitting!
This eBook includes five patterns (all of which will also be available individually), ranging in size from baby to adult. Each hat is inspired by a city that I've visited since moving to the UK almost 4 years ago, and each one has a special story that goes along with it. The inspirational cities are Paris, Copenhagen, Delhi, London and my hometown, Boston.

Details: Yarn weights range from DK to aran (heavy worsted), and there's a variety of techniques to choose from: lace, colorwork, twisted stitches. Hat styles include beret, slouchy hairbag (as Brenda Dayne refers to them), ski hat with tassel, simple beanie and a double-thickness toque with a lining for really cold days. All are fairly quick knits - I think the longest prototype took me under a week of not very serious time investment, and the testers got them finished off in between 5-8 hours, for the most part. So if you are in need of a bunch of quick knits for holiday presents, this may be just the ticket!

I'm hoping to get the final edits done this week and have it up by the beginning of December. I'll post here, on Twitter, and on the Ravelry group with further updates as they develop.

So. Excited. To. Get. This. Out!

No comments: