Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Another year gone by, another year to come, with lots of fibery pursuits. Here's the rundown:

Finished in 2009 (knitting):
6 scarves/shawls
10 pairs of socks
4 hats
8 mittens/handcoverings of some sort
7 sweaters (mostly for the girls)
2 blankets
6 other (earrings, mini-socks)

And five new published designs, one of which is actually for sale. That's actually more then I thought I'd accomplished, so I'm pretty pleased. But I think for 2010 I'd like to get 12 pairs of socks, and a couple more sweaters for me and/or other people - now that we live in a climate where sweaters are actually useful, Ironman has deigned (read: I've managed to twist his arm until he's agreed to let me make him one) to request a cabled sweater. We'll see whether it's out of handspun or I break down and buy some nice yarn for it.

Finished in 2009 (spinning):
Yarn School merino, 4 oz
Sunshine of Your Love SW merino, 8 oz
Preppy Yarn School Masham, 4 oz
Hello Yarn Night Sky SW BFL, 8 oz
Yarn School BFL, 4 oz
Alpaca/merino/silk blend, 4 oz
Ply by Night BFL, 5 oz
Yarn School Corriedale, 1 lb
Hello Yarn Thrive Corriedale, 4 oz
Devil's merino, 8 oz
Hello Yarn Air merino/tencel blend, 4 oz
Spunky Eclectic BFL, 4 oz
Hello Yarn Norway BFL, 4 oz
Natural Brown BFL, 4 oz

That adds up to almost 5 lbs of fiber spun. Hmmm...I think I'll aim for more next year. I'm already planning on spinning two sweater lots worth of yarn in January/February - the purple stuff I dyed last year for Ysolda's Vine Yoke Cardigan, and my Hello Yarn Winter Storage pile (20 oz) for some other sweater thing, pattern as yet undecided.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful, wooly and fibery holiday with plenty of time to spend with friends and family. Here's to a fabulous 2010, and thank you for reading!

No comments: