Wednesday, June 10, 2009

First top-down raglan

Having now moved massive amounts of yarn across several thousand miles of ocean, I am seriously motivated to do some stash-busting. Three skeins of pink Cotton Fleece have been calling out to become a cardigan for a certain wee Devil, so last week I cast on.


Devil's pink cardi yoke

Size 6 needles (4.0 mm), a couple of hours in front of ITV1 with Barbara Walker's "Knitting from the Top", and I've got a finished yoke. I'm using yo increases along the raglan lines to make it a bit lacy, and I'm really liking it. Devil helped me wind the yarn cakes, so she's feeling involved as well. Good times. And it's zooming along - I'm hoping to finish it this week, and I've got some pretty flowery buttons in my stash that I picked up for just this sort of project.

The girls seem to be adjusting to the UK pretty well, particularly since we've gone to visit a Princess Castle...


Leeds Castle

What more could you ask for?

1 comment:

Carmen said...

MOAR PEEKCHURES!!!!!

Gods I've missed you woman. You guys look like you're having a blast. Don't forget us. Squeeze the gurls for me.!!!