Sunday, March 29, 2009

A perfect day

Yesterday was a really, really good day. Despite the fact that some small wretch shifted the time on my clock so I woke up at 7:00 am, and leaped out of bed swearing because my clock said 8:00 and the neighborhood garage sale was starting in an hour and I had to unload more stuff, get change, and finish pricing everything. And Boo, the blame rests squarely on your small shoulders.

In any event, post-garage sale, Ironman and the girls picked me up, we went and got sandwiches and went to the local Audubon Bird Sanctuary for a picnic. We saw snapping turtles, snakes, bullfrogs and minnows. The girls threw bread to the fish and the turtles. It was a gorgeous day.

Boo fell asleep on the way home, so we poured her into bed and Ironman took a nap too. Dev and I watched a Peter Rabbit video, and then dyed half a pound of merino in some lovely colors (Jacquard Acid Hot Fuchsia, Violet and Turquoise - yowza!).

Dyed merino

Last night, I spun up the second half of 4 oz of alpaca/merino/silk blend (65%//20%/15%) and it was like spinning air. Tonight I'll ply it and give it a bath (and consider overdyeing it, since I've got a bunch of dyes to use up).

Alpaca/merino/silk singles

I've also got 4 oz of undyed sock yarn that I might dye in ridiculous colors for these socks (it's the year of playing to my not-so-inner science geek I guess). Life is good.

No comments: