Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Christmas presents

Here they are, in all their glory. Some of these have been blogged previously, but in the interests of not having a pages-long post, I've included more notes on the Flickr pages for those of you who are interested.

Alex's Christmas socks

Jayne's cowl
Crofter's Cowl #1

Brambler
Brambler for Nana

Ironman's Christmas socks
Socks originally meant for Ironman, but reallocated to my lovely brother-in-law, who had no problems with the color

Diamond Waffle Socks
Diamond Waffle socks for my brother

Red Velvet
Red Velvet handspun for my SIL

Koala's cowl
Another Crofter's Cowl for Koala

Sunflower Hat
Sunflower hat for Mermaid

Not pictured are the Jacques Cousteau hat I made for my Dad (maybe someone will email me a picture perhaps?), and the super-secret project for Aquaphilic that will be going in the mail tomorrow. Just in time for her birthday. And no, it's not yarn this year.

Here's the last Christmas present, and it's not one that I made. This is one that my mother made for Ironman and me, to go with the beautiful cherry bed he made about four years ago.


Mariner's compass

This is the Mariner's Compass quilt* that she's been working on for the last while. It is absolutely gorgeous. She wanted to make us a quilt, and asked for colors. I said "blues and purples", and this is what she came back with. It is truly stunning, and I can't wait for it to arrive and get put on the bed (even if the edges aren't yet done).

So that's it for the Christmas knitting. Up next will be some thoughts about projects for 2009. 

* Many of the pictures in this post were taken with my Christmas present. Hooray for Ironman!

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Ok, so you do have amazing spinning and knitting skills, but...Dood. That quilt is full of awesome win. Your mother truly loves you and your marital bed.
I are jealous much.
Tell your mom she's is a sewing Godess to me!

Sadly my mother refuses to acknowledge my marital bed. :(