Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Please send Gillyweed, stat!

Yesterday I swam for a long time. A very long time. 112 laps worth of a long time.

Why did I do something so silly? Because I'm scheduled to complete* this event in less then two weeks time. And I needed to at least swim the distance once before hopping in to Lake Travis.

I can say only three things about the experience: 1) I hope I'm faster on race day, 2) damn, am I sore today and 3) doing 5600 yds in a 25 yd pool is damn boring.

*Note I did not say "race". Because I will be participating, not racing.

1 comment:

aquaphilic said...

way to go sweetie! sorry about the soreness after your 5k trial run, but you're going to do just fine! j and i always look at it as a really nice long workout - stretch it out and be thankful you don't have to stare at the lines on the bottom of a pool for an hour plus.

swim, porpoise,swim.

xoxo