Monday, July 7, 2008

The triumphant return

Which means that I have returned from my travels to the Great White North and have accomplished the following fiber-related goals:

1) Finishing Brambler ran out of yarn, must spin more
2) Working on the Gathered Pullover - I think I got 4 rows done
3) Starting Koi hunh?
4) Spinning some lovely superwash merino/alpaca on my new drop spindle double hunh?

What I did manage to do however, is buy a new sock book, cast on for a pair of socks from said sock book in a new-to-me yarn, spend umpteen bucks at Windsor Button, get a tour of the Green Mountain Spinnery while they were actually running the spinning equipment, eat loads of fresh picked Vermont strawberries, run a Fourth of July 5k race with my sister-in-law, lie on a hammock, and relax. It was a lovely vacation.

But now, back to the salt mines - I've got more grants to write and lots of work to get going. But I'm aiming to get new yarns photographed and posted sometime this week, so there will be a yarn-filled post soonish.

No comments: