Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Very Harlot Tuesday

Today I am lounging at home slaving away on my laptop as I wait for the AC guys to come check out our system. It's funny, when I was growing up, the big annual home maintenance chore was getting your furnace checked out (if you were lucky enough to actually live in a real house, instead of living a deprived existence in a condo apartment) (just kidding Mom!). Well down here, nobody worries much about furnaces, but the air conditioner is a different thing. Woe betide those who do not do the annual maintenance on their AC, dooming themselves to a sudden failure at 10:30 pm on a Saturday night in August. With no repair available until Monday. Shudder. We got our compressor replaced in 2004, and haven't had it serviced since. So...

Anyway, the AC guys are coming over this morning to crawl around in my attic roasting themselves to death, and given that it's 20+ miles to work, and I wouldn't get down there until after lunch, and have you seen the price of gas these days?, I decided to take a mental health day. I've got a hot date with this

Picture 488


and this

IMG_1549

and I'm not stopping until I have some nice stripey chain plied yarn to knit the lined mittens from the new Spin Off for Devil and Boo for the winter. Cause, you know, they need mittens in Houston. Of course, I may take a break when the AC guys arrive because really, do they need to think I'm any odder then they already will? Cheers!

No comments: