Friday, February 22, 2008

Fiber Friday: I am the rate-limiting step

How is it possible that I haven't posted since last weekend? Sheesh...

In the last round of Adrian's fiber club, she offered a double option for the fiber. Wicked, wicked woman! So of course, I opted for the double option. And now the fiber is pilling up.

When we came back from Christmas break, this was waiting for me:

Frosted Forest

Frosted Forest, 50/50 soy silk/wool top. I have 4 oz of this stuff. I'm spinning a sport/DK weight single from this stuff, from the fold. We'll see how that works out.

Then a couple of weeks ago, this arrived at the door:

Verdant

Verdant, 8 oz of 70% merino/30% fine mohair top. I'm kind of stunned. What do I do with this? It's absolutely beautiful, but I have no idea how to spin it. Laceweight? I could do a two ply laceweight and knit up a nice leafy shawl (Ravelry links). Or DK weight to mix with some leftover Silky Wool from the Peapod? Do I have enough to do some of both? I've never spun any laceweight (at least, not on purpose), and the prospect is somewhat daunting. But I haven't knit any lace in a while, and it's getting to be the time of year when light frothy things are much more appealing then, well, anything wool.

I'm at a loss. Anyone have any suggestions?

No comments: