Saturday, June 16, 2007

Welcome!

I've finally bitten the bullet and joined the blogosphere. This is a place for me to babble about the following hobbies (in probable likelihood of appearence):
1) Knitting
2) Spinning
3) Triathlon training (since I don't have enough to do already)


I've been knitting for years - my grandmother taught me when I was about six. I didn't really knit seriously until college, dropped it for a while in graduate school and picked it up again when I moved to Arizona. Why it seemed like a good idea to start knitting again (with wool of course!) while I was living in a super-heated fire pit of a city is still unclear to me. But in retrospect, it made more sense to knit there then in Houston, where I live now. It does get cold in Tucson in the winter time (at least early in the morning and after the sun goes down), which is more then I can say for my current city of residence. And no, I'm not from around here originally. Houston summers, even after four years, are enough to make me swear I'm moving to Antartica and never coming back. At least when I'm outside, that's the response. When I go to work and get to walk into the large icebox they call a building, I'm wishing I were trapped out in the middle of the Sonoran desert at 2:00 pm on a nice sunny July day. But that's another rant entirely.


Spinning I picked up for real this winter when I got a Golding spindle from my mother-in-law for Christmas. I made a New Year's resolution for 2007 to not buy any yarn and just knit from stash, but have been happily building up a fiber stash to compensate. My husband just shakes his head and rolls his eyes...


Soon to come: pictures of what's currently on the needles and some recent FOs. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you come back soon!

No comments: